Monday, April 12, 2010

family members

I'd like to spotlight a couple of our crafty members who do amazing knit and crochet work. I love how they can take an age old domestic art and transform it into modern artsy craftsy functional goodness!
first up we have the lovely megan, who is a knitter extraordinaire:
~She knitted this adorable hat for her baby nephew, and I think I need one of these for myself next winter (although I can't bring myself to think of winter right now, as it's a lovely 70-something degrees out right now!!)


so cute! He's a lucky little fella to have such a crafty auntie!
visit her 'worsted' knitting goodies shop here!
next I give you Mari, hailing from Finland by way of the UK, we are lucky to have her amazing talent inspiring us right here in the midwest:

She worked on this covet-worthy white crochet rug at our last 'crafter hours' at Rebecca's house. It's made from sheets torn into strips.

and this granny square cushion which I didn't know about:


here are both of the lovely girls supporting me at a recent fashion show:

We are so blessed to have such a supportive 'famililia' right here in the heart of Omaha.
xo,
Ellene

2 comments:

Megan said...

Great, now I need to actually knit stuff for my worsted site...

stash said...

Megan: Yeah, I'm thinking charcoal gray thick woolly socks for the fall. I'll be the first one to stock up on those:)

Thanks Ellene for the post!